Pimentón & Saffron Fish Oven Poaching Kit
Our fragrant poaching kit combines pimentón smoked paprika, thyme and fragrant saffron, with our lemon zest and chilli alioli sauce to create a dish made in heaven! Discovered travelling around the Balearic Islands you cannot beat the food cooked in the manylittle beach restaurants where you can see the fish being walked off the boat to the kitchen. Like all Spanish dishes it’s all about simple but great ingredients. The alioli, which we’ve infused with a little lemon zest and chilli we based on a Catalan friend Jose’s recipe but its source is also claimed by Castilians, Mercians and occasionally the southern French.
COOKING INSTRUCTIONSPre heat oven to 180ºC.- Place the fish (fillets ideally) in the poaching bag and pour in the poaching baste. Tie the bag with the blue tie.
- Thoroughly coat the fish in the baste then place the sealed bag on a baking tray in the oven.
- Cook for 10 minutes, untie the bag carefully to avoid the escaping steam.
- The fish should flake easily, if not re-tie and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Serve with a drizzle of the cooked juices and the alioli.
INGREDIENTSNGREDIENTS Baste: Water, Onion, Garlic, Cornflour, Salt, Pimenton Smoked Paprika (1%), Thyme (0.5%), Lemon Juice Concentrate, Sugar, Black Pepper, Saffron (< 0.1%). Alioli: Rapeseed Oil, Water, Garlic Puree, Egg Yolk (Egg), White Wine Vinegar (Sulphites), Lemon Zest (3%), Dijon Mustard (Water, Mustard Seed, Spirit Vinegar, Salt), Roasted Garlic Granules, Sugar, Salt, Crushed Red Chilli (0.9%), Lemon Juice Concentrate, Xanthan Gum. For allergens, see ingredients in bold.
SERVING SUGGESTIONS- Tastes delicious using filleted cod, sea bass or even whole squid with salad and crusty bread.
- Alternatively marinade raw prawns or prepared sardines for a few hours then grill or barbecue.